DESIRE (Disseminating Educational Science Innovation & Research in Europe) aims at the development of best practice criteria and elaboration of new models of diffusion and exploitation of results in science education, pedagogical research results and innovative tools for science teachers. The project will establish a mechanism to better diffuse and exploit results from existing innovative science education approaches and research results from the LLP and national Ministries of Education. The project will identify obstacles and facilitators and communicate this knowledge through recommendations and workshops for policy makers and project planners.
The project is coordinated by the European Schoolnet (EUN), based in Brussels, Belgium. A part for Ecsite, project partners include the Italian institution INDIRE, The Centre for Research in Science and Mathematics Education (CRECIM) of the Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, as well as the Dansk Naturvidenskabsformidling (Danish Science Communication).
- To establish and test a mechanism to better diffuse and exploit results from existing innovative science education approaches and research results from the Lifelong Learning Programme and national Ministries of Education;
- To provide a platform through existing national and EU portals for education and more
specifically science education as a sub portal to the major portal being established through
the European Coordinating Body for Maths, Science and Technology;
- To identify obstacles and facilitators for this model, and to communicate this knowledge to
relevant policy makers and project planners;
- To federate and stimulate the growth of networks of innovative science teachers at European level.
The objectives will be achieved through the creation of a network of innovative science teachers, engaged in informal online training and communities of practice based on the results of the Lifelong Learning Programme and national initiatives in STEM identified by national Ministries of Education through the Policy Innovation committee of EUN.
Specifically, the project aims to:
- to provide evidence-based rationale for choice of schools outreach models depending on the needs of a given project, especially when implementing in a pan-EU or multi-country context
- to help project designers and policy makers better implement schools outreach models through the lessons learned of this project
- to stimulate further development of a body of research knowledge in this field
- to avoid replication of portals, networks, approaches.
Budget: 299.881€ (46.912€ UAB).
Other participating institutions:
- European Schoolnet (EUN)
- Agenzia Nazionale per lo Sviluppo dell'Autonomia Scolastica (ANSAS, ex INDIRE), (IT)
- CRECIM, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), (ES)
- Dansk Naturvidenskabsformidling (Danish Science Communication), (DK)
CRECIM participants: Roser Pintó Casulleras, Maria Isabel Hernández Rodriguez, Raquel Ríos Font, Alba Masagué Crespi.Publications resulting from the project:
- Hernández, M. I., Couso, D., Pintó, R. (2013) Análisis de las estrategias de diseminación de resultados de proyectos de investigación e innovación en didáctica de las ciencias: el proyecto DESIRE. Enseñanza de las Ciencias (Vol. Extra: "La investigación en didáctica de las ciencias. Un compromiso con la sociedad del conocimiento”, IX Congreso Internacional sobre Investigación en Didáctica de las Ciencias). pp: 1737-1741.
- A GUIDELINE ON HOW TO REACH YOUR STEM EDUCATION STAKEHOLDERS EFFICIENTLY