The project’s goal is to compile, exchange and develop experiences in a network of national school-based collaborations called “SBCs”. In SBCs teachers, teacher trainers and researchers work together to improve science teaching. Target groups are science teachers and teacher trainers from universities and state institutes. National co-ordinators of each partner country select SBCs according to pre-defined criteria for effective teacher education and curriculum practice in science education. Teachers in SBCs and national co-ordinators meet in national curriculum workshops to exchange their experiences, document specific features of effective school-based teacher education and develop plans to improve teaching in their school on a national level first. Activities of each school before, during, and after the workshops are documented and evaluated by the project in case studies. Results and practical outcomes will be disseminated in educational conferences, a project web site, and in publications. They will be used in schools and for elaboration of a European framework supporting best practices in school based teacher education in a collaborative network for exchange and development of novel approaches among European partner countries.
Dotació econòmica: 230.889€
Altres entitats participants:
- IPN, University of Kiel, (DE)
- University of Viena, (AT)
- University of Limerick, (IE)
- CRECIM, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona (UAB), (ES)
- Lund University, (SE)
- RFBZ Speyer, (DE)
Membres del CRECIM participants: Roser Pintó Casulleras, Digna Couso Lagarón.Documents i publicacions derivades:
- Couso, D., Pintó, R. (2007) Teachers’ collaborative reflections about school-based science innovation in Spain. En: Lang, M., Couso, D., Elster, D., Mooney-Simmie, G., Klinger, U & Szybek, P. Professional development and School improvement. Science Teachers’ voices in School-based reform. Ed. StudienVerlag. Innsbruck (Austria).